Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Friends and Fun

I am so excited right now. I was talking to Beth yesterday and we were both saying we felt a little homesick and we needed some sort of pick-me-up. So Beth, being the best friend that she is, is coming to TN to visit this weekend! I really can't wait. Daniel and Beth have met briefly when he came to VA this summer, but I'm also really excited for them to get to know each other a little better. Whenever Beth and I get together, it's constant laughing at anything and everything. I've tried to warn Daniel, but I don't think he really understands that he's never fully seen this side of me. Haha...

Ok, now let me tell you why I am the best girlfriend in the world.

Dan's birthday is the 10th, so it's 2 weekends from now. And I am going to throw him a surprise party! I talked to his brother about it, and he says he doesn't think he's ever had one before, so I'm very excited! I love doing this kind of thing and I think Daniel is going to love it. I think it's going to be Indiana Jones theme (it's his fav., haha) and invite all of our friends to his apartment. Now I just have to figure out how to get him away for a while and get everything together. Yay!

I'm also at a bit of a loss for what to get him as a gift. He told me I don't have to get him anything, but of course I want to. He's so picky about stuff he buys that I'm sort of afraid to pick something, and I really don't want to just give a gift certificate. Help! I need ideas...Any suggestions??

Now let's talk about something crazy- I have pretty much one month of school left, with Thanksgiving Break thrown in there. I can't believe it's going by so fast. I'm excited about it, but a little stressed at the same time. This is always the hardest part of the semester. But I'm REALLY looking forward to the holidays this year! ♥

7 comments:

Katie said...

you could be cheesy and just make him a cd of looove songs
but i guess kids these days don't make cd's anymore huh?
buy him an ipod/mp3 player and load it with love songs.
that'd be cute.

Kelli said...

buy him a donkey and keep here in Ipswich, I'll take good care of Dan's gift! :) lol

Erin said...

how about a night away. you can bid on priceline and get a good deals.

Kelli said...

Make him one of those fleece blankets where you tie the edges together. That's very personal and it'd be fun to do. It'd give him something to cuddle up to when he misses you too. Auntie Katie/Jeannie/Erin can give you the directions. They make great gifts!

♥ you bubba

Kelli said...

p.s. orrrrr you could get him that donkey! lol

Kate said...

haha you and that donkey! I guess I know what I'm getting my Smutha Mutha for Christmas this year! ;)

Kelli said...

Ooooh, I'll have your Dad start building a barn! lol

Jelly